Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Daycare Hunters

M and I are on the hunt for daycare for Mr. B. Specifically, daycare for Mr. B that would begin next August. We have toured five or six places, all of which, I think, would treat Mr. B right but some of them seem like happier, brighter daycares with manageable waiting lists. (i.e. 9 months or less).

During all of these visits, I keep waiting for Suzanne Whang to pop out from behind a bush and introduce our "options." "M and C are lesbians having a baby and looking for daycare for their daughter. Daycare one is at the top of their price range but close to Caitlin's office . . ."

What Suzanne would also tell you is that we have narrowed our options down to two and put waiting list deposits down on two of them. The "before list" is feeling more and more manageable. Thank God.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that the selection anxiety is out of the way, you can join Gianni and me in feeling perpetually guilty for neither making cookies for the daycare parents' association, nor ordering hoagies for the fundraiser, nor contributing to the United Way...plus on top of all those transgressions WE take a handful of the snacks meant for the kids on the way out the door everyday. Classy.

SuSu said...

I feel sure you gals will do a better job choosing daycare than I did for you, but Hester's right-no matter what, you will feel guilty for something. It goes with the territory of parenthood.

I just have one question: Who is Suzanne Whang?

Luther Blissett said...

I have nothing to add to the daycare conversation. I just wanted to say hello, and may the Flying Spaghetti Monster bless Mr. Baby. I can't wait to welcome her to the world, and, when she's old enough, tell her all about Tattooed Moms, Oscars, and other lovely places where her mommies used to hang.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if the solution to the dilemma Hester raises is simply to make something really revolting for the fundraisers, so revolting in fact that they never ask you again to contribute food to the fundraisers. Or you could make Looby-noodles.

XXOO,
Merlino