Monday, March 24, 2008

I'll bet the house


Seeing as how O is a Jew and I am a lapsed Episcopalian trying not to eat a lot of candy, we spent our Easter weekend practicing a new religion, "Bracketology." You see O and I are in deep in a serious, and potentially lucrative, NCAA Final Four pool. (I thought it is never too early to get O interested in gambling and hopefully she can win a little spending money in the process.) After kibitzing for several hours and reading extensive background on ESPN, O and I made our picks and ponied up our dough. So, after the first weekend, I am tied for first place, but am not that excited as I know it won't last. You see, every year is the same story. I am riding high after the first weekend, only to then fall apart during the "Sweet Sixteen." The Davidson upset killed O as she had Georgetown through to the finals and so she sits close to the bottom pool. But, she is a little trooper and is taking it fairly well.

2 comments:

Gabriela said...

With those clasped hands, she'll be queen of the dice parlor in no time: I have five bucks that her first words are "lucky seven."
xo & good luck with the brackets,
DD, under the sign of GZ.

gianni said...

I hope you've been explaining to lil' O. that Bracketology is a true science. And, like all true sciences, there's an art to it.

Win big, my peeps.
XOXO,
Gianni