Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bringin it down

I spent Saturday night watching Friday Night Lights (seriously people, it is the best show of all time . . .Tim Riggins, Tammy Taylor . . .unbeatable!) and sorting through the mounds and mounds of baby clothes from Adelaide (sent, of course, by her mother, Hester). I sat there reminded once again of the incredible generosity (not just of things but of time, advice, reassurance), kindness and straight up enthusiasm our friends have shown to and for us during this journey. I hope Mr. B knows just how freakin' excited everyone is to meet her.

I have been struggling to try and post this to the blog cause I don't want it to sound trite and overly sentimental, which I am. You can ask M. It drives her crazy. But the thing is that I continue to be amazed and grateful for what kick ass friends I have--every single one of them. My biggest wish for Mr. B is that she has great peeps just like her mommas.

There, I'm done.

4 comments:

e said...

Momma C, I can't not comment on that shiz. We love you. You have such great friends because YOU are the best friends anyone could want. Sap be damned, I will go there. Core peeps rule, and we can't wait to count Mr. Baby among us. xoxoxo

gianni said...

So, like, Hester was like "I dunno, maybe we should keep the clothes," and I was like, yeah, I mean, wait-- no-- I think you should send them to Mr. Baby. And then, like, see, I told her to...

...aw hell, it was all Hester. Where the hell was I?
I still love you, though, in all my laziness.

Caitlin said...

Gianni, I meant no disrespect. You're the bomb behind the bombs!

Jamie said...

Um, so my eyes just welled up in my office. You know that you, M, and Mr. Baby are loved! So excited to have another core peep.

Love!