Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A Dream Deferred

So, I had this dream--more like a fantasy really. You see I am a huge Sweeney Todd fan. I love the musical. It is probably my all-time favorite. Thus, I have been fairly pumped about seeing the film and made a plan like a month or two ago to go with M on Christmas Day. Since that time I harbored a secret hope that M would go into labor during the Beggar Woman's "City on Fire." Wouldn't that be awesome?

Sadly and thank god, it didn't happen. M just looked at me and laughed when the BW began to sing. We enjoyed the rest of the movie (Gianni, I look forward to a lively debate in the new year) without incident and then went out for Chinese with friends. It was a great day. Plus, I got some excellent gifts including a Perez totebag and My So Called Life on DVD.

2 comments:

gianni said...

WEll, I was sick, after all. But yes--looking forward to a lively debate. In brief, thought HBCarter did a fine job of adjusting the role to fit her weak voice: a more neurotically depraved character to fit the shy voice. Whereas Deppy pretty much played it straight, which made him sound like a cockney version of Shelly's Midnight Runners.
But again, I had a fever. Most of all, I missed the Ballad of Sweeney Todd.

And you all!

gianni said...

I mean, Dexy's Midnight Runners.

(Come on, Maureeeen)